One stood on the corner selling papers, wondering if being homeless was to become his permanent fate. One passed by the homeless man daily on his morning walk. One felt led to befriend the homeless man and started stopping by to visit on a regular basis. Three strangers, whose paths inexplicably crossed in the most unusual of circumstance; two whose faith, trust and belief in God stood steadfast, one whom had gone astray, neither knowing the impact their connection would have on their lives.
With the encouragement, support, love and understanding of the other two, the homeless man made his way off the streets, and more importantly, renewed his walk with God. Over time, they became more than friends, they became brothers, and in doing so realized they shared a common passion…a strong God-fed love for and desire to minister to those who call the streets home. From that passion, love and desire, Home Street Home Ministries was born.
Started as a three-man grass roots operation in February of 2014, Home Street Home is now a full-time, faith-based 501 (c) (3) ministry dedicated to “changing the face of homelessness one person at a time”. Operating on the principle of being R.E.A.L. in our service to the homeless community, we are focused on building lasting personal and supportive relationships while always remembering to Respect, Encourage, Accept and Love.
Our job is not to judge. Our job is not to figure out if someone deserves something. Our job is to lift the fallen, restore the broken and heal the hurting. It’s a job we love doing!
To minister to the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of those who are trapped in the grip of homelessness and other vulnerable living conditions.
• to identify, marshal, and leverage every resource available to meet their basic needs.
• to play a pivotal role in eliminating the scourge of homelessness in as many lives as possible.
• to feed mind, body and soul in an effort to help them achieve their desire to rise above their present situation.
• to inspire others to reassess their perceptions and beliefs concerning the homeless condition and those affected by it.
• to always be guided by a God-centered R.E.A.L. approach and call to action –RESPECT, ENCOURAGEMENT, ACCEPTANCE, LOVE, and to do so without qualifications, stipulations and/or expectations- solely because it is the right thing to do.
Within our HSH family, you will find an eclectic mix of individuals with very diverse backgrounds. Yes, we wear many hats - however, we all have one thing in common - our love for the homeless and the passion to serve God by serving them. Each brings a unique skill set to our mission, and it is a mission all are dedicated to.